- Annual Lecture Series
- Faculty and Fellows
- Departmental Program
- The Christian Institute for the Study of Liberal Arts
- Academic Calendar
- Degree Programs
Doctor of Philosophy
The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) is an academic degree with rich roots providing intellectual and spiritual engagement with the Great Tradition of the Western world. The PhD prepares students for service in disciplines such as History, Humanities, Literature, Philosophy, and Religion.
Using many of the Great Books and a conversation mode (e.g., threaded discussions, conference calls) students work with enthusiastic, highly qualified tutors to examine, discuss, and work through great ideas with an eye toward living and teaching these truths. The program includes:
- One foundation course,
- Seven core courses,
- Two interdisciplinary studies courses,
- Four independent tutorials with special focus on the student’s research interests, and
- One dissertation course.
To apply, please:
- Review the application checklist,
- Complete and submit an application,
- Complete and submit a transcript request form, and optionally,
- Apply for financial aid.
Applicants’ immediate family members are not eligible to write recommendation letters for their family members’ applications. For more information, including information about tuition and scholarships, please email email@example.com.